Tuesday, March 15, 2005

day 72 - stressed out

I've been dragging my butt all day. I'm exhausted.

It took me forever to fall asleep last night and it's just because I'm stressed. When I woke up this morning, I thought that my back was going to do "that thing it does." Only when I'm stressed, and I'm talking super-mega-stressed, the top of my left hip gets this pinchy-tight feeling and I can't walk upright. I also felt like I had a bad cold or something. My head was stuffed up and I've been warm all day.

Needless to say, I did not exercise this morning. I could barely pack my lunch and get ready for work. By the time I got out of the shower I felt much better but I've still been moving in slow-mo all day.

We're seriously thinking about putting our house up for sale and going house-hunting. that's why I'm all stressed out. There are a lot of cosmetic things that we'd need to do to our place before we could list it. I mean, we could list it right now, as is, but I don't want. I want to get a storage locker, tuck all of our extra crap away, paint the whole place, replace some carpet. You know what I mean? I think I'm just over-thinking things too much. I really want a new house, more space (room for a home gym!!), less grass to cut, but my problem has always been that I focus too much on all of those things that aren't done.

A good friend of mine called this morning to tell me that her dad is in the hospital and he's seriously ill. All day I've been worrying about him, and her, and her mum, and her siblings, neices, nephews, her daughter. I really hope that the doctors are able to give them good news. He's tough as old boots so you never know what might happen.

So I think, and I worry, and I stress, and my back reminds me that I should loosen up. Oh yeah, in addition to that, all I want to do is eat. I want to eat bread, chips, crackers, chocolate. Carbs, bad carbs, not the good stuff. It's never good to consider making a move like this when you're in PMS week, is it??

No comments: