Thursday, September 04, 2003

Carla left me the following comment, in response to my WIW: "Easing on the work outs while you're sick is completely legitimate in, in my mind anyhow. That's not an excuse. " She's right, it is a legitimate reason for not working out. It's the only "excuse" though, that I'll allow myself anymore. I really want to get this weight off and I know that working out 5-6 days a week is the only way that it's going to happen.

I have lost 70 pounds to date and I have a lot more to lose. I know it's going to take me a long time to get to my goal so if I let myself weenie out of workouts, that is just going to add to it. I'm not a complete hard ass but I am trying to be really disciplined as far as my exercise schedule goes because I know that eating well isn't enough.

I went back to my doctor yesterday for my monthly check-in. I'm down 12 pounds since my last visit and we're both pretty happy about that. I told her about Fred's book and she asked me if I would lend it to her after I had finished it. I told her that I'd be happy to. I'd love to see her start recommending it to her patients.

We chatted a little bit about what I've been doing over the past month and we briefly discussed weight-loss drugs. She told me that the majority of her patients who want to lose weight, ask for pills before they've tried anything else because they're looking for a "quick fix." This didn't shock me really. I've had a couple of people I know ask me about the "websites I'm using to lose weight." When I refer them to Fitday I think that they are disappointed. I'm sure that they think that there is some web page out there which will give them a secret solution to their weight problems. Unfortunately, the simple solution is not a secret, it's just not easy. Nothing worth having is easy though, in my opinion anyway.

No comments: