Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I'm so hungry right now. I was really hungry last night when I got home from work too.

This is good though, I'm not complaining. The past couple of days have been ridiculously low in calories and fat and this too is good. The past two weeks have been really off-track and I'm glad to be back on program. Yesterday I went way under as far as my calories go and today is shaping up to be the same. Partly this is down to the fact that I never seem to have enough time to eat all of my daytime food. Work is crazy busy but I don't feel hungry until I get home. The past two days though, instead of snacking before dinner, I scurry upstairs and putter on the computer and chill out a bit (did I mention that I'm totally spoiled and that my hunny is a chef and that he cooks most of our meals? Yeah, I'm lucky, don't think I don't know it!!).

I'm going to try really hard to not fall too far off the wagon again this weekend. I know that it's just stress that's caused the trip to the DQ and the pizza for dinner on the weekend. At least I kept working out through the slip-ups and fortunately, while I didn't lose any weight last week, I was able to maintain. This week I'm shooting for a loss. I'd be happy with half a pound, anything at all. I know it's only Tuesday but I'm really motivated this week and I'm going to stick to my guns!!

The other day I wrote about a pink wind breaker that I'd not been able to wear in a while. I wore it again today (because it rained again today) and actually did it up. I hadn't tried that on Friday, I just pulled it on and wore it open. Today I did up the snaps and I had room to spare in there. I could actually have worn a sweater under it. Yay!! I'm so happy. I'm also happy to report that I have 5 pairs of jeans in my dresser that actually fit me!

Ooooh, slight change of subject but not really... Dr. Phil. I tape him every day and watch him while exercising. Yesterday, he had an update on his "ultimate weight loss challenge" thingy. He crammed the 13 "contestants" into a house and showed what happened over the first couple of days. When he mentioned it last week, the house / reality show portion of this series, I was sure that he was just going to check folks out medically, have some pep talks and workshops on shopping and cooking and (because hey, this is Dr. Phil) figure out what was happening inside people that made them get fat. Well, he's doing that I guess but he's announced that 5 people will be gone by the time they are done in the house. He's turned this weight-loss challenge into some kind of bad Survivor-esque thing..."Survival of the fattest" I'm guessing. I'll admit, it's like rubber-necking when you see an accident on the DVP, I can't stop watching but I'm less and less impressed with what I'm seeing. I also find it curious that he's still not mentioned his supplements and vitamins. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he'll break down and own up to them, it seems odd to me that he's mentioning his book literally dozens of time each episode and hasn't mentioned word one about them.

Smells like dinner's almost ready (mmm...veggie tofu stir fry on brown rice), must dash and get it while it's hot!

No comments: