Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Okay, so today has been completely mad, all day!

At the moment, I'm at home. Why am I at home during my busiest time of the year you ask? (oh, yeah, it's my busy time right now at work -- it will be for the next four weeks!) Well, today started off weird. We both slept in, we were completely exhausted. I'm not talking about a little bit of sleep in, the kind that still allows me to workout. No, this was full-blown, crazy late sleep in.

So I get up, late. I get my lunch made, I scarf down some breakfast. My hunny heads out to start his day. I jump in the shower and, whilst showering, I hear someone banging on the door (which is located right below the shower) and the phone ringing. I'm fairly certain that this is an elusive insurance inspector we've been playing telephone tag with so I carry on with my shower. I hear more hammering on the door and start to realize that it's not the inspector. It's my hunny. I look out the window and see that he's locked out. Dripping wet, I run down the stairs and let him in. The door was jammed. I figured it was because some of those cotton shopping bags had been hanging on the door knob and jammed the knob. I let him in, we carry on getting ready for work. Hunny bunny tests said faulty door knob, all seems fine and we head out.

On the way to the car, I spill part of my coffee on my hand. As I'm wearing a white top, I decide to go back in the house to clean it up. The door knob is pooched. We cannot get in. Now, you might ask, "Shrinking Girl, why not enter by a different door." That's a very good question. The answer is simple: we can only enter and leave by this door -- at the side of our house. The front door, we discovered, can be locked and unlocked from inside but we don't have a key for the deadbolt. Having the whole house re-locked and re-keyed has been on our to-do list for a while but we've never gotten around to it. Until today that is. It's being dealt with as I type. The lovely locksmith, Barry I think his name is, is installing new door knobs and dead bolts on both of our doors and we'll actually be able to use keys on them. Novel idea huh?

So I worked through my lunch, didn't eat my lunch (because I was waiting for a call -- I'd have a couple of minutes notice to scramble home and meet Barry) and I haven't worked out. I'm not actually particularly worried about that at the moment because I have a near splitting hunger headache and I did so much running up and down of stairs today that I probably burned more calories at work today than I would working out. Work is totally insanely busy and stressful right now. Today, particularly so. Thank goodness this doesn't last for longer than a few weeks.

On an actual weight-loss related topic, some navy blue drawstring pants that I reported on a few months back (I'd not been able to wear them before and then "shrunk" into them) are now almost ridiculously big on me. I'm really noticing that the majority of my weight is disappearing from my stomach and thighs. I'm going to have seriously think about buying a few pairs of new pants to get me through the winter. Very little of what I have now will be wearable once the cold weather flies. Yay for smaller pants!!

No comments: