Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Today is just whizzing by, at lightning speed. I actually like work days because they are easier for me to manage. On a regular work day, I workout early in the morning and I know exactly what I'm eating for breakfast and lunch. I don't "stock pile" food at work so once I've eaten what I brought with me, it's gone and I'm done 'til dinner. We're going to try to eat most of our evening meals at home this week.

Last night, we had a fabulous dinner and it ended up being very filling and low in calories. We had picked up some beautiful pork loin and did them on the barbecue. They were marinated in balsamic vinegar, garlic and ginger with a smidgen of hoisin and they were delicious. We also had grilled sweet peppers and a tonne of fresh tomatoes. My mum and dad are on vacation so she gave us a huge basket of tomatoes before they left (we're going to raid their garden again this weekend). I love fresh field tomatoes, I could eat them like an apple. Also, yesterday, I did something that I hadn't done in ages...I baked bread. I pulled out my bread machine and made us a beautiful loaf of fresh whole wheat bread. It was such a nice treat to have fresh bread with the tomatoes. It was still warm when we were slicing it and it didn't need any margarine or spread, it was wonderful just as it was. I wouldn't get back into the habit of making bread all the time but it was a really nice treat for us to have last night.

As promised, I started Fred's book while I rode my recumbent bike yesterday afternoon. It's really good so far. My ride just flew by as I read. He's such a good writer, and such an inspiration. I love his no-nonsense approach to all of this weight-loss stuff! If you haven't picked up a copy yet, I would strongly urge you to do so, it's great!

No comments: