Sunday, September 14, 2003

Saturdays are my break day, I generally don't pay too much attention to calorie intake and if I'm going to skip working out, it's going to happen on Saturday. Today though, I was back to my regular routine. I just finished working out and I feel fabulous. I've been riding my recumbent bike, about the same amount of time as normal, but lately, I've been trying to go very fast while I'm doing my circuit. Well, very fast for me anyway. I've been trying to hit between 14 and 15 mph during my ride. Also, I've been doing more repetitions with my weights. A few weeks ago, I moved up from 2 lb hand weights to a 3 lb set. I'm finding that the increased repetitions with the extra weight, is awesome. I really feel the exercise while I'm doing them and I can feel my muscles growing under my fat. I love feeling strong and that's how I feel after a work out, it totally rawks!

Another thing that rocks is new pants. Yep, I finally bit the bullet and bought 2 pairs of new pants. I went to our local Pennington's store yesterday in the afternoon. I had not bought any new pants there since the fall of 2001. The pants I have now are getting pretty worn out looking, not to mention stretched out and generally yucky looking. The past several years, I'd pretty much just bought stretchy pants, with elastic waist bands as they were basically all I could find that fit me comfortably. Yesterday, in the store, I deliberately avoided even looking at those pants. I pulled out a bunch of 5x's and 4x's that had elastic waists but that didn't stretch.

I was really happy to discover that while they were slightly too tight on me, I was actually able to get into the 4x's. As it turned out, I didn't particularly like the styles of any of the first bunch I tried on. In the past, style be damned. If they fit me, I bought 'em. Yesterday, I found myself in a position to be a bit choosy. I ventured back out into the store and found a really lovely pair of brown cords and a nice pair of dressy black pants. Neither of these pairs stretched either! The cords are so nice!! I haven't been able to find cords that fit me nice in a long, long, long time. The dress pants I picked were actually miles too big and I had to go down a size. They are a little tight across the tummy but they fit great otherwise so I grabbed them. I know that the tummy thing won't be a problem for much longer. I also figured that I could both pants altered by my mum in a couple of months when they grew too big too.

The sales woman who was helping me was really trying to push me into trying a lot of different stuff on. It felt so great to explain to her that I'd recently lost some weight and just needed some "interim" pants while I was still losing. She looked a little disappointed, I think she was hoping for a big sale. I'm really looking forward to the day when I don't have to shop there anymore but I'm hoping that the next time I'm in there, I'll be in a solid 3x. I still can't believe that I have 4x pants in my house that fit me. The last pair of jeans I bought (not the ones I'm wearing now but my mega-fat-girl jeans) are a size 7x. The jeans that I am wearing these days, I had thought they were a 34. The other day when I pulled them on, I noticed that they were actually a 32. The non-stretchy dressy pants I bought yesterday were a 30. My size 32 jeans are soon going to be too big for me to wear. I love that!

When I get my fall clothes out and pack away my summer gear, there are quite a few things that I'm going to pack off to Goodwill. I can even think of a few fall / winter items that will be going too. With any luck, by spring time, my closet will be almost empty!! I'm not keeping any fat clothes around this time. Once they become too big, they're so outta here! I'm definitely not looking back this time! This fat is gone for good!!

No comments: