Wednesday, September 17, 2003

The week is flying by and I've been having a really difficult time getting up the past couple of mornings. Yesterday and today, I had to literally drag myself out of bed. I think it's because we've been staying up late, watching our home-boy, Ryan Malcolm, on Canadian Idol.

I have worked out the past two mornings but they have been sort of lack-luster, if you know what I mean. This afternoon, I've developed a nasty crick in my neck that I'm thinking is the cold thing that I have been fighting for the past few days. Hopefully it'll sort itself out in short order. I don't want to interfere with my work out schedule or my busy work days (have I mentioned yet this week that this is my busy insanely crazy nuts time in the office?).

Here is this week's Wednesday Weigh-In:

Serving sizes vary so much from label to label. What food has a serving size that really surprises you, or what food really challenges you to stick with it's serving size?

We buy a lot of whole foods and cook stuff from scratch so serving sizes on labels don't really affect me. I mean, I read nutritional content, paying close attention to sugar and fat, but when I'm doing my caloric calculations on Fitday, I just measure what I eat and enter it accordingly.

The only food that I do really pay attention to the serving size when making purchases is cereal. A "serving" of cereal can be 1/4, 1/2, 2/3 or even 1 cup so what might look like a caloric savings on one cereal may not be, if you look at how much you can actually have. If you read things carefully, it shouldn't trip you up though.

No comments: