Sunday, September 21, 2003

So I did it, I chopped my hair off. Well, actually I didn't do it, a nice lady named Wendy did it, Saturday morning. I have five, 10 inch braids of hair drying out downstairs that I'm going to donate to Locks of Love. I feel good about it, my hair feels really bouncy and healthy and my head feels much lighter. Today I coloured it. Clairol Natural Instincts Indian Poppy Red. It's the first time I've had a colour on it in like 7 or 8 years. I'm really happy about it and can't quite figure out why I didn't do this ages ago but at least it's done now!

This morning, bright and early and armed with strong coffee, I purged my closet. I tucked most of my summer clothes away and pulled out the fall / winter stuff. I made three piles, stuff to keep, stuff for goodwill and stuff to trash. I had huge piles for goodwill and trash. Watching "What Not To Wear" each week is good for the soul, they teach you how to really clean out your closet. The pile for goodwill is all stuff that's too big for me now. This is such a switch. Usually, my goodwill pile is stuff I can't fit into anymore, not the other way around. Some particularly nice things, that I either wore very little or didn't wear at all, I'll put up on eBay. My closet it pretty bare now. The nice thing is that everything in there, fits me. I've really gotten it down to bare essentials, no more fat clothes, once I shrink out of it, it's gone. I'm wearing stuff now that I've not worn in years. My skinny jeans are getting too big on me. It's a great feeling. I don't ever remember them being baggy on me but they are really getting that way. On Friday, I wore a pink wind breaker that I haven't had on since I don't know when. This feels really awesome.

Now I'm just doing laundry, lots of it. I'll have lots to iron later, now that the winter stuff is unpacked. It's not too bad though, we've been in heavy cleaning and straightening up mode here today. I'll probably workout later while we're watching tv. I took a break from it yesterday but I'm ready to get back into some proper exercise today. I like my break but anymore, I'm always anxious to exercise again!

No comments: