Wednesday, September 24, 2003

I had a weird day. This morning, it started out great. I'd had a fabulous sleep last night, got up, worked out, had a great breakfast, got to work early and had a super productive morning. Productive until 11 a.m. or so anyway. My computer has been acting up recently and no matter what I did, I couldn't get it sorted. Eventually I called the help desk. The operating system is basically pooched and the machine needs to be rebuilt. Charming. 7 working days until our big huge event that we work on all year long and I have no machine. They hope to get it back to me sometime tomorrow...sometime. At this point, I'd take anything, a crap loaner, anything that will run so that I can stay in my area and work. Unfortunately, I can't do any of the stuff that needs doing at home or really, at any other desk in the office. I'm trying to not stress about it too badly and will remain positive. I feel bad about bitching about it because our help desk guys are understaffed and overwhelmed most days. I only bug them when I've exhausted all other resources. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I really need to get my machine back, pronto!

Wednesday already? Wow...here's this week's Wednesday Weigh-In:

What has been your most memorable (or important) non-scale victory to date?

mmm...I've had a few good ones and I've reported them here, for the most part. The most memorable one for me was the night I realized that I could cross my legs again. It was so weird...we were sitting on the sofa watching tv one night and I looked down and realized that my legs were crossed. I hadn't been able to do that in I don't know how long. It was just one of those things that I almost didn't realize I couldn't do until I could do it again. It was very cool.

No comments: