Sunday, November 30, 2003

Day 6 & 7

I'm happy to report that the weekend did not totally kick my ass. This is actually the best weekend I've had in a while as far as food consumption goes.

I wasn't feeling that great this weekend so I did do any proper working out. I never feel badly about taking a weekend off from exercise because I do so well through the week. Anyway, we went out for dinner last night and had a really nice Chinese meal. I'd eaten breakfast late and skipped lunch so I kept things under control calorie wise. Today, we made a "big breakfast" at home. It was really delicious, filling and low in fat. We had "break free" eggs, turkey sausage and home made whole wheat bread. My hunny even made potatoes with lots of garlic and fresh dill. It's amazing how you don't miss the butter and fat when you have lots of good fresh herbs around. It was so good and filling that again, we didn't bother with lunch. We're neither of us all that hungry right now so we'll probably have a very light dinner tonight.

The first week went really well. My goal for this week was to not show a gain this weekend (because of TOM -- I always gain a couple of pounds and then lose it later on). This week, I met my goal and didn't show a gain at weigh-in yesterday! Also, I exercised Monday to Friday before work. I didn't do as well with my water intake as I'd have liked but I'm finding it harder to do this now that the colder weather is here. It's pretty chilly in my office so it's a struggle to get the extra water in. I'm working on it though, never fear. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how week one of my "Holiday Challenge" went. I'm sure that it will go even better next week. I know that I can lose the 10 pounds by Christmas day because I'm off to such a great start. Yay me!!

No comments: