Sunday, February 01, 2004

alive

Going back to work on Thursday proved to be a huge mistake. I think that staying in the office all day, I just really over-did it and was sick again on Friday. I actually went in to work for a couple of hours on Friday morning but ended up leaving before 10 a.m. and crashed out for the rest of the day. I was up again most of Friday night and felt really terrible for the best part of yesterday. We had errands to do with our little old guy though so I dragged myself out to give him a hand. We were only out for a couple of hours but I felt really terrible by the time we got home and spent the rest of the afternoon either in bed or in the washroom. Last night, however, I slept better than I have in days and I'm actually starting to feel "normal" again.

Hopefully, tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll be back to feeling 100% and I can get back to exercising again. I haven't exercised since last Monday but I've also not eaten much (and what I have eaten hasn't stayed with me for long) so the "upside" of this, if you could call it that, is that I've shown a loss this week. Last week, I'd been stuck and didn't lose anything but after this week, I've almost lost my Christmas weight gain and am within spitting distance of virgin fat again. I wish that I didn't have to get really sick to have that happen but at least I can see one good thing come out of it.

No comments: