Monday, February 09, 2004

back to the grind

Monday is going well so far. It's flying by actually and I'm getting a lot of stuff done at work. Going to bed last night, I felt really rested but, for some reason, I had a really difficult time dragging my butt out of bed this morning. When I finally did, I crawled downstairs and exercised. It felt good when I was done (as it always does) but it was tough getting going. February blahs I suppose. Eating has been great today. I had a really good fat free turkey sandwich on some fabulous whole grain bread we got on the weekend. It's really tasty and I'm enjoying the change from my usual soup.

Today's Progress Prompt:

Low carbing is huge news in the media these days. What are the pros and cons of low carbing?

I can honestly say that I have no idea. I know that low (or no) carbing is something that I could never do. I understand why some folks do it, and why it works for them. For me, it seems like too much of a fad and I know that I couldn't stick with it. What I've done (and I've said this dozens of times) is figure out a program that works for me. It's basically low fat I guess and it's something that I know I can make work for me for the rest of my life. I do eat carbs but only whole grains (wheat pasta, whole grain bread, brown rice). Aside from the occasional treat, I don't have anything really which contains white sugar or white flour. I avoid the bleach at all times.

No comments: