Friday, February 13, 2004

happy friday

I think that yesterday just melted away or something. I just realized that I hadn't posted, how odd!

I had my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. As always it was terrific and encouraging. My doctor was really happy to hear that I was once again close to "virgin fat territory" after the Christmas gain. She actually really laughed when I used that expression, I don't think she'd heard it before. I'm really lucky to have her and I'm so glad that I see her once a month. I told her about the stomach bug but forgot to mention the way I've been feeling this week.

I think I have finally figured out why I'm having such a tough time getting up in the morning this week though. This morning I had no problem walking up. I opened my eyes, the clock said 4:35 a.m. and I hopped out of bed. Of course, I couldn't breathe. My entire right sinus was completely blocked. Last night after dinner, I got really stuffy and would have killed to have been able to sneeze, you know the feeling? When I getting ready to go to sleep, I noticed that I had this weird puffiness under my right eye and I was really zonked out by the time we got to bed. This morning when I got up, I couldn't breathe but the weird puffiness has disappeared. I guess I've been fighting some kind of sinus cold thing all week. That really explains a lot.

Despite the cold thing, I managed to get some exercise in this morning. I did 10 minutes of upper body exercise (that was all I could muster with the non-breathing thing) and had a good ride on my bike. I generally watch Dr. Phil on tape while I'm riding and it just makes it go by so quickly. Work should go by pretty quickly today as I have a lot of stuff piled up on my desk right now. It's a good busy though, the kind I actually like so it's not bad at all. Snot issues aside, it's actually shaping up to be a great Friday!!

No comments: