Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Stormy Tuesdays

Freezing rain is coming down right now and folks around the office are going into a mild version of freak-out mode. If you can't take the weather, don't live in Canada (or at least don't live out in the sticks or the suburbs and then cry because you have to drive home). Sheesh, it is February afterall!!

Weather aside, I'm feeling stronger today than I did yesterday. I almost feel like I shouldn't be posting here if I'm not working out. I am eating really well though. Yesterday was a good day, today's shaping up to be a good one too. I think it's easier to be on track when the thought of anything that is either cheesey or deep fried just makes you wanna vomit! Let's hope that feeling never goes away!!

I've been working slowly at getting back to my normal eating. I had a yogurt yesterday and it was okay. Today I'm having yogurt again and some raw food, carrots, apple and an orange. I also ate more protein yesterday than I ordinarily would have but I'm feeling like I need it right now. I've gotten better at listening to body over the past year and a bit so when I hear tell me to rest or to have an extra bit of chicken with dinner, I do it.

Oh, on the NSV front, check this out. Last night after dinner, we had a bunch of errands to do. We ended up at Costco. Now, even though I'm not working out right now, walking around Costco for an hour was at least some exercise. Anyway, we've only recently joined Costco and are still learning our way around the store. While we were there, I was feeling tired and a little vulnerable to suggestions of bad stuff. I really felt like I wanted to buy some of those yummy looking M&M cookies they had there. I mean, I was sick last week, I didn't eat much at all, I could justify it, right? Wrong! I couldn't. I walked by that, all the rows of chocolate bars, the microwave popcorn that smelled all buttery, the big ass pizza, everything. We did buy some gorgeous portabello mushrooms though and a new coffee maker (a programmable one at that!) but no M&M cookies. yay me! They sure don't make it easy for a girl to get through there in one piece.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to start back to my exercise but in a really modified way. I'm thinking of leaving the weights and stuff alone for a while and just doing some gentle cardio for a few days, until the weekend and get back to normal programming on Monday. Right now I'm just going to take it day by day and see how that goes!

No comments: