Tuesday, February 10, 2004

stinky potlucks

You know how sometimes, when you're at work, folks around you might be cooking or eating something that just smells wonderful and it makes you really really want to not to stick your program? Well, that is so not happening in our office today. A select group of individuals are having a "surprise" potluck for a pregnant coworker. They didn't have in their own building though, they are having it here in the building I work in. Now, I'm not a fan in any way shape or form of potlucks. I like to know exactly what goes into what I'm eating and that there wasn't a big 'ole cat sitting on the counter while it whatever it is was being prepared. I'm not sure what they are eating downstairs right now but it stinks to high heaven. Right now there are snow squalls happening but we have our windows wide open....It's that bad. It smells like a combination of bad Mexican and bad Indian food. It all makes me really grateful that I wasn't on the "A" list for this event. ~shiver~ At least the smell isn't making me drool or anything. Gross!

Today's going okay so far. I had the toughest time imaginable getting up this morning. I almost didn't do it, I was very close to staying in bed and blowing off exercise. I didn't though, I crawled out of the bed (literally), pulled on my workout gear and did it. I did it slowly though and I'm kind of stiff and sore right now. My thighs mostly. This is good though, it means I'm working stuff. It's not so sore that I can't walk, just enough that I can feel it. The snow and ice is really getting to me too. I'm sick to death of my boots and winter coat. I'm really looking forward to spring, probably more than I ever remember doing so in ages.

Eating has been really good the past couple of days. We had a great stir fry last night with some tofu we picked up at Costco. It was really firm and cooked up nicely. We also bought a huge bag of broccoli, already chopped up so we've been eating a lot of that lately. I love broccoli and can eat it every day so that's okay.

We'll need to pick up a few odds and ends tonight after work. We did go to the Chinese grocery last night for a few staples but we're getting low on some of our produce. We've been getting the most gorgeous peppers, snow peas and mushrooms at Costco lately. I don't know where they get their veggies but they are way fresher than they are where we normally shop. We'll probably end up back at Costco tonight and, depending on the time, might eat out after shopping. Either way, I'm most looking forward to getting home tonight and conking out on the couch. Days like this, it's a darned good thing that I do exercise in the mornings or it definitely would not get done!!

No comments: