Wednesday, February 04, 2004

shovel shovel shovel

We had a storm last night but it wasn't really as bad as they were calling for. We had a huge dump of heavy, wet, snow between about 3 to 6 p.m. last night. At about the mid-way point in the storm, we got home from work and cleaned up the driveway. Of course, it needed to be done again this morning and it was a huge mess. The wet snow had frozen in places and it was really disgusting work, cleaning out around the cars and getting the bottom of the drive cleared. So much for easing back into exercise with some cardio and no lifting huh? The cardio will have to wait for tomorrow.

Eating was on track yesterday and today everything is poifect so far. We're supposed to take our little old guy for groceries and then out to dinner tonight after work but I'm sure that I'll be able to find something to eat that will keep me on plan. Over the past couple of days, since I've been starting to feel better, I'm noticing that I'm hungry all the time. Now I'm guessing it's because of the toast and crackers that I ate last week (or that I didn't really eat much of anything at all?) but it's tough. I'm thinking about changing around the way I eat during the day. I generally just have soup, some raw veggies, fruit and a yogurt (for snacks and lunch). I'm thinking about introducing the odd sandwich here and there. I have found a really good fat free honey mustard that I like and some really low calorie luncheon meat (not to mention I'm a huge tuna fan). I feel like I need to shake things up a bit because I'm getting bored with what I eat during the day. I also know that if I'm going to increase the amount of strength training I'll be doing, I'll want the extra protein so it's a good trade off. I'm also hoping that it'll make this hungry-all-day-at-work feeling go away.

I know I'm just being a whiney baby, having been sick and stuff...I'm tired, I'm hungry, blah blah blah...I think that the winter is just getting to me and I'm looking for an excuse to eat because it's February and it's yucky outside. I'll get through this though. I have to. I really really want to get into my virgin fat territory by the end of this month. I know it's going to be really hard but if I stick to my guns (and avoid the cookie aisle at Costco) I'll be fine. /whiney baby rant

No comments: