Saturday, February 28, 2004

blah is better than blue

Yesterday flew by in a blur. By the time we got home last night I was totally brain dead. I mentioned last week that my boss and I had been separated in the office reorg, each of us were placed in different units. She decided not to take the new position they offered her (which was really a kick a stomach, it was basically a "de-motion" (if that's a word). I'm really proud of her for not taking it, she would not have been happy in the new position and I know that she'll be much happier somewhere else. So, yesterday, I spent 4 hours emptying and packing up her office. I'm very good at sorting and packing so I just dug in and did it. When I finished up though, it sort of hit me what I'd just done. I got really upset and had a bit of a meltdown at my desk. It was more out of anger frustration than sadness. I had a bunch of folks in the corner where my desk is, I'd lost a bunch of stuff that we needed for a mailing that was going out, my phone was ringing off the hook...it was all just too much given what I'd done all morning.

While I was in her office packing stuff up, tonne of people stopped by to "see how I was doing" and to ask after her. By the time I got my back to desk, I was totally drained and exhausted. I'd worked through my lunch and just couldn't wait to get out of there. After work, my hunny picked me and the pile of boxes up and we dropped them off at her house. It feel really weird to know that we're not going to be working together anymore. We live really close to one another so I know that we'll still see each other and keep in touch, I'm just going to miss seeing her every day. We were a really good team and I'm really sad that we won't be working together anymore. Part of what dragged me down this week was that I knew that my boss wasn't coming back but I couldn't say anything to anyone for a couple of days (until it was to be announced "officially"). Of course, everyone was stopping by my desk or phoning to find out what was going on. It was not fun.

Angst and exhaustion aside, I seemed to regain some lost footing this week. On Monday or Tuesday I stepped on the scale and showed a HUGE gain. I was really disgusted with myself but I was also in the beginning of TOM. This morning when I stepped back on the scale, I was exactly the same as I'd been last time I weighed in. The carb bloat (from all those cookies) and retained water were both gone and I'm feeling much better at the moment. At the beginning of the week, I felt like a beached whale, my face looked puffy, my gut seemed huge (or more huge than normal). Today, I feel more normal and I definitely have more energy than I've had in a while. Of course, last night I slept like the dead so that helped. I don't think I moved one bit until around 6:30 this morning.

I didn't formally exercise today but Saturday is my break day. I did do a tonne of housework though, stuff I've not had the desire to deal with over the past couple of weeks, heavy cleaning type of stuff. I cleaned the whole of the downstairs and got started on the upstairs. Tomorrow I have a bit of laundry and the washroom to do. Sometimes, when I'm longing for more storage and a proper gym, I wish we had a bigger house but I tell ya, when I'm cleaning it I'm glad that it is exactly the size that it is! I also expect that I'll workout again tomorrow. I feel stronger this weekend than I've felt in a while. I'm looking forward to exercising tomorrow, and to crawling into my bed in a few minutes. I hope that you're all having a fun / restful / productive weekend too. 'night 'night!

No comments: