Monday, February 02, 2004

Being sick has really thrown me for a loop. I actually got through all of yesterday and today has been good so far, without being sick again. I'm still feeling very weak and tired though. I know that this is because I basically ate nothing for almost a week. I mean, I ate toast and ginger ale and soup but I didn't really keep any of it for very long. When I got up this morning, I really wanted to exercise but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Physically, I feel very weak. Last night was the first proper meal I'd had in a while and (my hunny made us a delicious dinner of stir fried skinless chicken breast with snow peas and mushroom) I kept it down. I'm guessing that it is going to take a few days of proper eating to build my strength back up again.

Since I've been feeling better, I'm eating in a totally different way though. I haven't had any dairy, raw veg or fruit (because I've been advised against it, along with anything fatty) so I've been eating a lot of fat free or low fat carb stuff (clear soups, crackers, toast) with very lean protein and cooked veg only. I'm still having my cranberry juice but have been afraid of anything that is too acidic. Keeping my calories under control the past day or so has not been a problem at all.

As I said before, in a few days I should be back to normal. I just had no idea that it would take me so long to get back to feeling normal again. Usually when I'm sick, I just bounce right back. This thing really kicked my ass!

I missed it last week when I was sick but here is today's Progress Prompt:

What do you think about while you exercise?

Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just riding my bike, I'm watching tv so I'm thinking about the tv show. If I'm doing other things, I'm generally concentrating on what I'm doing, making sure that I don't hurt myself!

No comments: