Friday, February 20, 2004

I will survive

Yesterday was really tough. We had back to back to back meetings all day long. By the time I finished work last night my whole body ached from the tension. I've been suffering from information overload as well, there has been a lot to digest over the past 3 days.

Part of me is really looking forward to the new job that I'll be doing but the other part of me is completely freaking out. Most of my colleagues run programs that run on the fiscal year (we're looking to start our new jobs at the beginning of the next fiscal year, May 1). My programs though, run on the calendar year so we'll be right in the middle of the busiest time of the year when I'll be handing stuff over to someone else (or to several people -- it's looking like what I've been doing will be de-centralized). I was wide awake and on the verge of tears between 1 and 2 a.m. this morning just trying to process it all. Hopefully, over the coming days, things will be made more clear about how exactly the transition will happen. I know that the only reason that I'm freaking out is because I really care about what I do and I'm concerned that things will get mucked up. If I worked with widgets or some tangible thing I'd probably not be so worried but I work with volunteers and large groups of people so I am concerned about them.

Anyway, partly due to the stress of it all, eating was good yesterday. One advantage to all of these meetings was that I had to walk outside, between buildings for the meetings so I at least had a chance for some fresh air and to stretch my legs every couple of hours. This morning I just finished a great workout. I rode almost 7 miles on my recumbent and feel really good. I don't think I have any meetings today so hopefully I'll be able to hide at my desk and get some work done.

Thanks so much for all of the support yesterday folks, you have no idea how much it meant to me!

No comments: