Tuesday, November 23, 2004

day 23 - breathing is good

Just 5 minutes ago I had to force myself to s.l.o.w....d.o.w.n Works has been frantic today. I'm on a bunch of deadlines for stuff I hate doing (finances, ugh!) and it's freaking me out. I was sitting at my desk, working away, gobbling down my food while I tried to hurry through a task, when I realized that I hadn't peed all morning. When I went into the bathroom and saw my face in the mirror, I thought, "enough is enough." I have huge black circles under my eyes today and I'm pale. I feel like I'm getting a cold. Can't imagine how that could happen...oh, wait!? Doesn't your immune system take a shit kicking when the stress is happening. I decided to take a break, slowly eat my yogurt and calm down. Funnily enough, typing right here often helps me do just that.

I felt so crummy this morning that I didn't workout. I'm not beating myself up about that though, I think that Monday-Wednesday-Friday will be fine this week. I'll take a little walk tonight and Thursday night, after dinner. It'll all be good. I'm still pissed at myself but the anger is helping to keep me motivated. Food choices were pretty good yesterday, today they have been good too. I'm working on it, trying to anyway. No chocolate has made it into my house yet this week. I know it's only Tuesday but still, that's something, right?

I think my break is over, I feel better now, like I can actually breathe again. Hope you're all having a good day and that you take a few moments for yourself today, to catch your breath and congratulate yourself for the good things you do instead of beating yourself up for the not-so-good.

No comments: