Monday, November 08, 2004

day 8 - hanging tough

Ordinarily, I don't have to struggle early in the day. This morning was weird though. I got up at my normal time, took my hunny to work, came home and worked out. I really had to work to talk myself into it though. I sat on the sofa, rewinding my video tape so I could watch Dr. Phil. I seriously considered not exercising, even though I was dressed and ready to go. Finally, I remembered a comment Sarah left me last week about remembering how good it feels when you exercise. She was absolutely right, I thought about that and hopped to it. Thank you Sarah, I may not have moved my ass this morning if it weren't for you!

My eating has been good today but again, I had a weird struggle with myself this morning. I had finished my workout, had made my lunch and was thinking about breakfast. Ordinarily, I have cereal, fruit, soy milk and cranberry juice. It's a well-balanced, low calorie, filling meal. I eat it all the time. I actually hesitated before I pulled it together this morning because my brain was going through the cupboards and fridge, trying to figure out a way to piece something bad together from a kitchen full of healthy ingredients. I didn't do it in the end. I actually slapped myself and did the right thing. Sad huh??

Maybe not really. Sad would have been not exercising and having a pre-dawn pigout in the dark. Happy is exercising (like I did) and eating low-fat, balanced, healthy meals (which I have also done). Hopefully tomorrow will be easier, it's got to be. Seriously!

No comments: