Monday, January 03, 2005

day 1 - starting over

Yesterday was one big fat lazy day. I sat around in my pj's and watched tv, all.day.long. It felt terrific, I have to admit. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time we did that. Also, we ordered pizza for dinner last night. Cheesy, greasy, delicious pizza. It was wonderful.

Today though, we begin again. I feel terrific about it so far. I know it's only mid-day but I'm feeling good. Physically, I feel strong. I had a great cardio workout (with a little bit of lifting) this morning. I ate my healthy breakfast, before my shower. I had gorgeous oranges for my mid-morning snack. While literally everyone around me was eating take-out, I ate my healthy, balanced, home-packed lunch.

Right now, the LOG is still sick in bed and my hunny is nursing a mysteriously injured knee. I feel a little guilty to be feeling so good. I wish that they felt better but I'm grateful that at least one of us is healthy. When we are all out of commission, it makes taking care of one another really difficult.

I know that part of what I'm feeling right now is that "January high" that we all get each new year. I'm going to work very very hard to keep this feeling all year. I want to feel positive, full of promise, invigorated, strong, motivated and peaceful. I'm not sure exactly how to keep that going on but if I figure it out, I'll definitely let you know.

No comments: