Tuesday, January 18, 2005

day 16 - perfect pms food?

Physically, I'm feeling very good right now. The past two mornings, I have added two miles to my recumbent bike ride. I managed to pedal through that ass-numbness that hits around the 4 mile mark and come close to 7 miles, not quite but close.
My legs, particularly my thighs and my butt are kind of sore right now so I think I must be doing something right.

My eating has been good. Last night, for the first time in ages, the LOG expressed an interest in dinner. Of course, he wanted pizza. I could have screamed. We solved the problem though by picking up a mostly veggie, thin crust, bake at home in your own oven, pizza. It actually had more veggies and sauce than it did cheese and meat so it wasn't so bad. Even having pizza for dinner, at the end of the day I still came in okay as far as calories went.

Right now, the thing that is keeping me honest and on track is just that little voice inside of my head. I have been giving myself non-stop pep talks for the past two weeks. Whenever I see something really decadent on TV and think "oh yeah mamma, gotta get me some of that!!" the good voice pretty much bitch slaps the bad, grease and chocolate wanting, voice. It's pretty amazing, even to me, how well this is working, so far.

This week, I'm heading into PMS. Honestly, I have a really really hard time getting through PMS without some kind of chocolate. In the past, I have tried fat free chocolate pudding cups, low calorie instant hot chocolate or one piece of goooood chocolate. None of these things really do it for me. I think that this month, I'll probably pick up a tootsie roll. I know that it's still fat and sugar but it's lower in calories than a chocolate bar and the chewing makes it last longer. The chocolate flavour is closer to what you find in a candy bar. Hopefully this will work. Like everything else I'm doing right now, I have to plan out PMS food or I'll go overboard and get myself into all kinds of trouble.

No comments: