Monday, January 17, 2005

day 15 - I like to ride my bicycle

The weekend was a nice break. It ended up that I didn't workout but I did stick to my eating program. I got a few things done around the house that I had been wanting to deal with. Our computer room / office is actually getting organized again. It's been kind of a mess since about the month before Christmas.

In addition to posting my workouts over on the Weigh-Better board, I signed up with the folks over at Going Nowhere. I figured that I ride my recumbent bike every day so it would be fun to track exactly how "far" I'm going. I have set a goal of 500 miles by my birthday in May and a goal of 1100 miles by the end of 2005. It'll be cool to see how far I get. This morning, inspired by my own goal, I rode an additional 2 miles. I think I'm off to a good start and it truly feels fabulous. All morning I felt really good. The extra miles did me a world of good.

Once again it's Monday and once again I thought I'd do a wrap-up of last week's efforts:
summary - week 2
  • threw out the little stash of leftover Christmas candy that my hunny had tucked away, in the back of a cabinet in our bedroom
  • just said no to pizza and ice cream. It's now been over two weeks since I've had either
  • met daily calorie intake goal every day
  • met daily water intake goal 6 out of 7 days
  • intentionally exercised 5 out of 7 days
  • stayed on plan, even over the weekend (that's 2 in a row)
  • showed an another 6 pound loss this week, that's a total loss of 12 pounds in 2 weeks - I don't expect that this will continue but boy, it feels good!

No comments: