Monday, January 24, 2005

day 22 - don't fear the dryer

I cannot get warm today. My little space heater here at my desk has been pumping all morning and I cannot get my hands to stay warm, no matter what I do. The funny thing is that it's no where near as cold here today as it had been over the weekend.

The weekend went pretty well. I had planned to do nothing at all and ended up getting quite a bit of stuff done around the house, not everything that needed doing but a good-sized chunk. We had a bit of snow over the weekend so I spent a couple of hours shovelling, yesterday and again this morning. I think I'm definitely getting better at it. Practice makes perfect, right?

The plan is still working. The exercise in the morning thing is still happening and I'm keeping my calories under control. Some days are more difficult than others but right now, I feel pretty good about things. Last week, on two different days, someone brought in homemade squares and left them on this little table right outside my office. I didn't really want them but I looked up their calorie/fat content anyway. It was pretty shocking and I was quite pleased with myself for walking by them.

Today, I have noticed that the pants I am wearing are a little loose in the waist. Over the weekend, while I was doing laundry, I realized that more and more of my clothes are ending up in the dryer. In the past, I would hang almost everything up because I was petrified that my clothes would shrink if I put them in the dryer. Lately, I'm not so concerned. I threw two brand new pairs of flannel pajama bottoms into the dryer without a second thought (and they still fit me when they were dry). I guess that getting over my dryer phobia is a good little NSV!

So, here it is, Monday again. Here's my latest wrap-up:
summary - week 3
  • increased the number of miles I pedaled from a little over 18 per week to a little over 25 this week.
  • took my vitamins every single day, even over the weekend
  • met daily calorie intake goal every day
  • met daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • intentionally exercised 6 out of 7 days
  • stayed on plan, even over the weekend (that's 3 in a row)
  • showed a 2 pound loss this week, that's a total loss of 14 pounds in 3 weeks!

No comments: