Tuesday, January 04, 2005

day 2 - fatty fat, fat, fat

If you watch the Simpsons, you'll know where that header comes from. I don't feel fat today but I did eat too much fat yesterday. Ordinarily, I don't cook dinner. The stuff that I can cook well, that I like to make, doesn't go over very well with the other folks who live in the house so my hunny (who is a classically trained French chef), cooks. What he can prep in 15 minutes for a meal, would quite literally take me all day.

We had to get his pain-killer prescription filled last night and picked up a few groceries while we waited. I needed some lunch type stuff (baby carrots, bananas) but I was at a loss about what to do for dinner. With both him and LOG not feeling well (in fact, LOG was in bed all day so whatever I threw together had to be easy eat in bed) and us getting home so late, it had to be easy. The only thing that my hunny wanted was a smoked sausage on a bun. Fine. We picked up buns, sausage, went home. I intended to make a salad to go with it but the bag we had in the fridge was not edible. Can you say, Frozen French Fries. Goodness, it was not a good way to start the week was it? Fortunately, I kept my portion totally controlled and my calories were within my allowable range. The fat content was higher than I would have liked but, desperate times call for desperate measures. Fortunately, I have a handle on tonight and things should go better. Also, I shouldn't have to do a bunch of housework and other running around so the evening should be a little more relaxed.

Last night, when I finally got to bed, I lay there, hurting. My legs were sore and I felt really yucky. It wasn't a "hey I worked out" kind of sore (although I did have a little of that). This was a really tight, crampy feeling. I figure it's our office arrangement. Our offices have been painted and the carpet is in. The new furniture has just arrived this morning. It might take a couple of days for them to assemble everything. In the meantime, we're camped out around a large meeting table in our board room. 7 people on 7 laptops (although today we're down to 5). It's cramped, airless and we're sitting on chairs that were not intended for all day use. My body is taking a beating from these bad chairs and lack of oxygen. Fortunately, this shouldn't last too much longer. Honestly, what a difference a chair makes.

Again today, I had a good workout this morning. My meals have so far been totally on plan. When all is said and done, I should be able to stay 100% on plan today, fat content and all. I keep trying to picture myself in this t-shirt I bought in the wrong size (3 sizes smaller than what I normally wear). That silly black t-shirt is really helping me keep my focus because I cannot wait to wear it. You have to use whatever you have, right?

This makes me wonder, which carrot do you keep dangling on an imaginary stick in front of you? Once I get into the tshirt I'll need a new carrot so I'd love to hear about yours.

No comments: