Monday, January 10, 2005

day 8 - happy Monday

So far, week 2 is going well. This morning when I woke up, I felt as if I was paying for sleeping in on Sunday. My back was quite stiff and sore and twinge-y in the way that it gets, just before it goes out. Slowly, I got myself moving, I worked out and was still sore throughout (sometimes when this happens, the workout loosens everything up and I'm okay). After making my lunch and having breakfast, I still felt tender. Same thing after my shower. Right now though, I feel pretty good. I haven't had to take any pain killers but I have been careful not to lift anything heavy. So far, so good.

As it's Monday gain, I thought I'd do a wrap-up of last week's efforts:
summary - week 1
  • all leftover Holiday food and/or crappy junk food stuff was thrown away
  • met daily calorie intake goal every day
  • met daily water intake goal 5 out of 7 days
  • intentionally exercised 6 out of 7 days
  • stayed on plan, even over the weekend
  • showed an 6 pound (yes, I know it's a first week/water weight/body is in shock) initial loss this week

This week, I'm working the plan again. The water thing is getting easier. I have a nalgene water bottle that, for some reason, makes me drink more. I'll drink 2 or 3, 1 liter bottles of water from that where, before, just drinking from a regular bottle, I wouldn't. I have no idea why that it is but it is. Weird huh?

So, other than wrapping up from last week, there isn't much to report. This is good I think. Often when there is news to report, it's not good. No news is good news I guess.

No comments: