Tuesday, January 11, 2005

day 9 - hungry like the wolf

Can a sudden drop in the temperature make you hungry? Recently, it's been unseasonably warm here. Last night, the mercury started to drop and my stomach began growling. Actually, screaming was more like it.

We had stopped off for soup at our favourite little Vietnamese place on the way home from work. It was a little earlier than we normally eat but I was really full by the end of the meal. Also, I was pretty pleased with us because we didn't order any spring rolls or salad rolls (with that yummy peanut sauce). Sadly, by 8 p.m., I would have eaten my own hands. It was insane. I'd had some clementine oranges, some baby carrots, lots of water, nothing helped. Eventually, I broke down and had a few crispy mini's and that did help. It was the strangest thing.

So this morning, I get to work. I had worked out, ate breakfast, was basically having a regular day. Around 9:30 a.m., I'm so cold I care barely type and I'm ravenously hungry. All I can think of is going next door and buying a big ole muffin. Something sticky and sweet and huge. Fortunately, I had my banana and yet another cup of herbal tea. This helped for a bit. Turning up the heat also helped. It's still chilly in here but not so bad. Right now, I just finished my lunch and it didn't quite do it for me. I will drink my water and eat my oranges this afternoon and try to not think about muffins or cookies or anything containing chocolate or salt. I'm not sure what's happening with me right now but it's got to stop, got to. I can't have another day like this, it's just way too hard!

No comments: