Friday, January 14, 2005

day 12 - dear catastrophe closets

When I got home last night, I heard a sound that I hadn't heard in a while: Family Feud blaring from the living room television. That's right, LOG was downstairs. I didn't say a word to him about the previous evening and he didn't either (although, I would have loved to have received an apology from him -- I have a better shot at winning the Super 7 tonight). He stayed down for dinner, ate with us and then went back upstairs. That's all I wanted really, to have him join us for dinner. Goodness knows that if you eat sitting up, you'll digest your food better. It was good to see him up and moving around as well. His circulatory system was probably in shock but it's good for him. I'm still a little pissed that he upset us as much as he did and is seemingly oblivious to the stress he caused us but at least he seems to be on the mend. I should be content with that.

We're sort of expecting that we might have some company this weekend. Not sure entirely though. A friend of my hunny's is coming into town to watch his son play hockey on Saturday and Sunday. He won't be staying with us but we're not sure if he'll be with us for dinner tomorrow night or not. Of course, the house is in shambles. With a house full of sick/injured people, I haven't had a chance to clean like I would ordinarily do. The prospect of actually having company amid the chaos isn't that appealing to me. Hopefully, I have some time tomorrow to get some housework done before he arrives. Originally I though that he might be here tonight but I checked the hockey schedule and his son's team isn't playing until tomorrow afternoon. If nothing else, I'd really like to get our bedroom closet sorted out. It's taking on a life of it's own and it's really bugging me.

So far, this week has been really quite good as far as food goes. I'm not too worried about the weekend. Last weekend I did okay and I expect that I should be able to get through this weekend too. Doing the big crap pitch last week helped a lot. You can't eat what isn't there, right? I snuck a peek at the scale this morning and was pretty happy about what I saw. I won't say what it was yet because my official weigh-in day is Saturday. It's looking good though. I can tell though, I feel good. So far I've felt far better in January than I did throughout December.

A couple of weeks ago, on New Years Eve actually, I stopped off at my favourite fat girls store to see what was on sale for the Boxing Week Clear-out. I had a $25 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and I thought I should use it up. I found a bunch of things in my current size that were on sale. I tried them all on and they looked okay but I couldn't bring myself to buy any of them, no matter how good the sale was. I promised myself that I wouldn't use that gift certificate until I was at least one (hopefully two) sizes smaller. It's going to take me a while before I'm not shopping at the fat girl stores anymore but right now, I can't buy any more clothes in this size. It just feels like I'd be accepting this size and I'm not, I'm working very hard to change it. I dropped two sizes in 2003 and can do at least that again this year. I have to. I'm not letting myself buy any more clothes until it happens!

No comments: