Wednesday, January 05, 2005

day 3 - little victories

So I "officially" weigh-in on Saturdays. Temptation got the better of me this morning though. I just had to sneak a peek. Happily, I'm seeing a lower number on the scale. I'm not counting it yet but I'm sure it'll be at least the same on Saturday. Who knows, it could be lower!!

My recumbent bike was making that "the belt is crooked" sound this morning when I did my ride. I'll have to take it apart tonight and straighten it out. I think I'll order an extra belt next time I'm by the fitness store I purchased it from.

The stiff/sore/sick people at my house are starting to feel better. I hate seeing them both in so much pain and discomfort. I will also admit that my patience with the LOG is wearing thin. He's his own worst enemy and rather than get up and move around and try to feel better, he's just rolled up in a ball, in bed. I know he's uncomfortable but I also have had back trouble and he's not doing anything to help himself. Hopefully, right now, he's up and moving around at home. This has got to end soon.

I went through the cupboards and fridge and threw out all the odds and ends of crap that were leftover from Christmas. The LOG doesn't know this yet but even he is not going to be allowed any crap. We none of us need it, it's not good for us so why have it in the house?? There are enough healthy snacks and treats in the kitchen to keep him happy I think. He's a bit of a cookie monster and I'll still buy him cookies (he has his own cupboard for his cookies and crackers) but from now on, he's not getting any of those sandwich/icing cookies.

Last night, after dinner, my hunny and I were watching Coronation Street. He asked me if there was any thing in the house which contained flour and sugar. I told him that there was and then asked him if he really needed it? Would a fat-free yogurt of a piece of fruit be okay instead. He thought about it and said, "you know, I don't really need anything." I was really happy to hear that. I told him that I hoped that he didn't think I was being "mean" about it. I know he's feeling crappy about his knee and wanted a "treat" that was "bad." It's so easy to slide back into bad habits when you don't feel well. I reminded him of how unhappy and unhealthy he was complaining of being, just before Christmas. It's winning little challenges and struggles like this one, which will help us attain our goal.

On one last good note, I've noticed today that more folks have updated their blogs than have in a good long time. People are also starting to trickle back into Bev's fabulous support site, This is Weigh Better! in larger numbers than we have seen recently. Winning this battle is all about the support we receive and give to one another. Welcome back everyone, 2005 is going to be a kick-ass year!

No comments: