Friday, January 28, 2005

day 26 - good decisions

I am so glad that I took today off from work. We slept in a little bit this morning (until 5:30) and I took my hunny to work. When I got home, I almost had myself convinced that I was too tired to workout. Thankfully, I didn't listen to myself and I hopped on the bike anyway. I didn't break 7 miles today but I was close, 6.95.

Sticking fairly close to my regular routine this morning was a great idea (note: don't forget to pat self on back later). I left the house by 9 a.m. and was home before noon, biggest chunk of my errands completed. Lucky me, I even found a pair of boots. At this time of year, the spring shoes are popping up in the shoppes and I didn't think I'd have any luck at all. It's been my experience that men's boots are better made than women's so I picked up a pair of Spalding "Tundra" boots. They're more like a heavy sneaker with a great, grippy, sole on them. Sadly, they are no where near as good as the boots I've just worn out but they should get me through the rest of the winter. They definitely don't look as warm but I have room for extra thick wool socks in them. Hopefully, by next winter, my calves will have slimmed down a bit more and I can buy some "girlie" dress boots.

This afternoon, my plan is to get a start on my huge mountain of laundry. I'm not sure where it all comes from. I'm pretty sure that it breeds in the hamper. Whatever I get up to though, I am so happy to be off from work right now. I'm feeling better today than I have all week.

No comments: