Thursday, January 27, 2005

day 25 - shortening

I'm feeling a little bit better today. The headache I had yesterday would not go away. It wasn't until 8 p.m. or so last night that it went away. I can't even tell you how much ibuprofen I took yesterday. Because I've felt basically like hammered crap all week, I've decided to take a vacation day tomorrow. I'd like to go out early in the day and do all of my errands. If I can do this, I'll be able to totally crash out for the rest of the weekend.

Yesterday, I noticed that my winter boots (my beloved, almost 10 years old, waterproof, gortex, duck-hunter's boots) are starting to give up the biscuit. Tomorrow when I'm out running around, I'll have to try to find new ones. The only reason these ones have lasted as long as they have is because for about 4 winters I barely wore them.

This morning when I woke up, my head was clear and I decided to take advantage of that and work out. I got onto my bike after doing some stretching and stuff and I could feel my head filling up. I felt like I was moving very slowly but the longer I rode, the better I felt. I coughed a fair bit but I stuck with it. At the end of my interval program, I was surprised to see that I had broken the 7 mile mark again. I was sure that there was no way I could have done it but there it was, 7.08, clear as day. Nice!

My plan tomorrow is to get up at my normal time, do my workout and have breakfast, like I would if I were going into the office. When it's time to go to work though, I'll head out with my list and be home, hopefully by 1 p.m. I don't want to get too far off of my routine, I just want to have some extra time on Saturday to chill out and get rid of this weird cold thing that seems to be hanging about.

No comments: