Thursday, January 20, 2005

day 18 - dug out

It pretty much snowed all day yesterday. Amongst the snow, we had really wicked winds. They call it an Alberta Clipper, it was nasty. Bev, if that is the kind of stuff you guys have to deal with frequently, my hat is off to you for being able to deal with it!

When we got home, my hunny went in to cook dinner and I stayed out to shovel. It's a fair trade, he cooks the majority of our meals and ordinarily I don't mind what I call a "hoser workout." The snow was of the light and fluffy variety and it wasn't too horribly bad to move around. The bottom of the driveway was the worst, it always is. Fast forward 12 hours. It's 4:30 a.m. and we get up, I look outside and the driveway is completely filled in again. So, twice in 12 hours, I shovel the drive. It's not been snowing here today. It's sunny and really cold. The temperature is expected to drop again over the weekend so I'm really glad that I got it done when I did.

I figured that taking a break from my normal exercise routine was allowed this morning after I did all that work. My arms feel good, like I worked them but they aren't sore. The whole thing was very invigorating. I stepped on the scale quickly this morning, just for a peek. I wasn't thrilled by what I saw. It looks like I gained, I know that my eating has been on plan and I've certainly been getting enough exercise. I think it's just TOM bloat. My rings aren't feeling quite as lose as they were the other day. Once TOM starts, I'm sure I'll be back down to where I was. I'm planning to still weigh-in this weekend but I'm not sure it'll make it into my "official" tally. This year, I may skip TOM/PMS weekends. I haven't decided yet, it'll depend on what the scales say on Saturday I suppose.

No comments: