Friday, January 07, 2005

day 5 - friday, I'm back in my office

At 9:45 a.m., I packed up my laptop and my "office in a box" and ventured back to my office. After 2 weeks of working, crowded around a board table with 6 other people, we're back into our freshly painted, carpeted and newly furnished offices. It feels so good to have my butt back into my chair. I'm slowly getting things unpacked and settled. I love my new desk. It's much brighter and better organized as far as storage goes, than my old desk. The paint and new carpet make the room seem huge and airy. I'm happy right now, really happy.

This is a huge improvement over how I felt this morning. When I woke up this morning, I felt terrible. My head was stuffed up and I was coughing. I couldn't do a proper workout because there was no way I could do cardio. I did some stretching though. It did loosen me up a bit and I felt better for it. I still have a bit of muscle and joint ache right now but I've been blowing my nose less frequently as the morning went along so, that's definitely better.

As I always do when getting back on track, I find myself worrying a bit about the weekend. My work routine helps so much as far as keeping on program goes. When the weekend rolls around the routine disappears, the temptation to snack creeps in. Fortunately, this weekend, all of the unhealthy snacking material is gone and, if I do feel like mindlessly snacking, I won't be able to do much damage (how many carrots do you have to eat before you start gaining because of them?). I'm quite looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. A good weigh-in will go a long way to keeping me on track for the weekend. I've got my fingers crossed folks!!

No comments: