Friday, January 21, 2005

day 19 - chilled to the bone

I cannot get warm today. I have my warmest sweater and thickest wool socks on, my heavy cords, the whole deal, my hands have been like ice all day and the only time they warm up is when I run my hands under hot water.

Last night when I went to bed, my body ached. I felt so tired and sore and I knew that I had probably over done things with the shoveling. The cold doesn't normally get to me but it is this week. When I woke up this morning, I felt terrible. My back was sore and my joints were achy. I did a regular ride on my bike with no additional exercise. I couldn't face it. I'm pretty pleased that I got through it, I was negotiating with myself that if I missed today, I could do it tomorrow. In my heart, I knew that wouldn't likely happen so I just did it. After my ride, I did feel much better, the stiffness is gone and my back feels good. Now, if I could just thaw my hands out, I'd be doing something.

It's hard to believe that I'm facing down the barrel of another weekend already. We got half of our groceries last night. We'll do the other half tonight and I can hibernate all weekend knowing that the house is full of fresh, healthy food. I managed to find some mini tootsie rolls last night so I'm set for the next chocolate craving. I'm really excited about the prospect of a third, on plan weekend. I know I can do it!!

No comments: