Wednesday, January 26, 2005

day 24 - I'd rather be in bed

This morning, I came very very close to not coming in to work. The only reason I dragged my sorry butt in was because I had a couple of meetings. My head was stuffed up and my sinuses were aching. TOM is kicking my ass too and I just felt like crap. While I sat on the edge of the bed at 4:30 a.m., contemplating whether I'd get up or not, I hear my hunny call from the other room, "there's a snow storm going on out there." Fuck. Charming. Now I have to get up. I can hear the driveway screaming my name.

I pull on my sweats and bundle up to head outside. We probably got 4 inches but it was super windy and there are huge drifts everywhere. It took me almost an hour to get the whole thing done. By the time I was finished, I was frozen but feeling a bit better. The arctic air must have partially cleared out my head or something.

The exercise was badly needed and I'm glad that I did it. Last night, I was feeling shitty, my hunny was exhausted and neither of us wanted to cook so we actually ordered a pizza. We probably shouldn't have but we did and I will admit that I very much enjoyed it. Last night I discovered that it does not take as much pizza to fill me up as it used to. This is a good thing. Because I could eat so little of it, I was able to stay on plan as far as calories go. The fat content was higher than I would have liked but the overall number wasn't bad at all.

So, right now, I'm at work and my head is gently thumping, my ears are popping, my muscles ache and I've started to cough here and there. I'd give anything to be able to go home and crawl under the comforter for a few hours. Fortunately, I'm pretty busy right now so 4:30 will get here quickly, I'm hoping anyway. The one bright light in all of this is that we're not supposed to be getting any snow for the next few days.

No comments: