Thursday, January 13, 2005

day 11 - chilled

The weather is much warmer here today than it has been in a good long while but for some reason, I can't keep my hands warm. I can feel my rings getting loose again so maybe I'm loosing this week and my hands are just cold because they have less padding on them then last week. Possibly, it's because I missed my cardio this morning. I slept in a bit and was feeling a little sore and fragile this morning so I did some stretching with some arm and abs work but I missed the bike. I'm planning on going for a walk after I post this so maybe that will warm me up.

The ring thing came to me this morning. I was in a meeting and noticed that they were slipping around on my fingers. My face doesn't seem to be as bloated as it was a couple of weeks ago either. When I look into the mirror, I think I look better. Generally, I feel better so I must be on the right track.

Things are a little tense at home right now. LOG has been in bed for over two weeks now. The first week, he was legitimately sick. The last week, I think he's just being lazy or is depressed or something. It's frustrating because we can't even get him to come down for meals and I got really upset with him last night. He told me that he felt good but wasn't hungry and was afraid that if he came downstairs, he'd not feel good anymore. I can appreciate that his back has been bothering him but spending the rest of his life in bed is not the solution to his problem. Personally, I feel that if he gets up and moves around, eats regular meals and interacts with us, he'll feel better, physically and emotionally. I'm concerned right now that he's eating very little of what we bring him, he's staying in bed and I fear that he'll atrophy. He's almost 80 but, save for the back trouble, is very healthy otherwise. Every night, I feel like I'm arguing with a 3 year old who won't eat their dinner and I don't know what to do about it anymore. We're at a point where I'm ready to call the local health unit for some advice. If he stays like this he's not going to be able to live with us much longer and I know that he doesn't want to go into some kind of assisted living situation. On the upside, if I actually do pull all of my hair out, I may end up losing a couple of pounds this week.

No comments: