Friday, January 13, 2006

being boring

Holy crap is being good ever boring. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm sticking to my plan, being a good weight-loss citizen, it's just weirdly boring.

I did promise that I'd post Monday to Friday though, so here I am. 100% on plan, boring me. One thing that has really helped this week has been eating in. We are planning on going out for dinner tonight, tentatively, but if we go out, I know exactly what I'm ordering and calorically, I'll be fine.

The toughest part of all of this is the evenings. About 30 minutes after dinner, both of us start jonesing for something. I couldn't put my finger on it if I wanted to but I always want something to nibble on, a mindless snack. So far, I've ignored the jones. I've sipped my water and said to myself, "this too shall pass" and enjoyed the rest of the evening, snack-free. At times it feels slightly "white knuckle-y" but I know that too will pass, once I get through these first few tough weeks.

Of course, the mother of all temptations is the weekend and it's just around the corner. I got through last Saturday without giving into temptation. Now that there are no traces of anything remotely junky in the house (I threw the last of it out last night) Sunday should be okay too.

Here's hoping for a guilt-free, no-cheating weekend for everyone!!

No comments: