Monday, January 30, 2006

good feelings and apples

I took so many photos of beautiful produce the other evening that I'm going to share them around here over the next little while. So often, we're bombarded with images of chocolate and candy and fatty stuff, I thought it would be a nice switch to share some healthier photos. This is one I call "apples!"

apples


Something that I'm really enjoying recently is the feeling of being hungry and then the feeling of being full. So often, when I was off track (read being a big binging pig!) I would eat just out of boredom and my body never knew when it was actually hungry. Most likely this happened because I didn't let it get hungry.

I just finished eating my healthy, home-packed lunch of leftover stir fry, raw baby carrots, a banana and yogurt and I'm stuffed. Not uncomfortably mind you, but it's a good full feeling. I don't feel bloated, just satisfied.

Another positive side effect to my back-on-trackness is that my period isn't kicking my ass this month. It just started in ernest this morning, all weekend, it was attempting to start but didn't really (sorry if that's tmi, I'm sure that the ladies will know what I'm talking about). I've got some cramping but not like I normally do. I also don't think that my pms was as bad this cycle. I actually did not break down and treat myself to any chocolate. I haven't had any caffeine in almost four weeks. I admit that I don't even miss it most of the time. I'm starting to wonder if maybe my past experiences with pms and bad periods were related to my caffeine consumption...

One caloric splurge that we did make over the weekend was fish and chips. Ordinarily, we'd avoid something so fatty and greasy but on Friday night, we treated ourselves to some fish and chips from our local fish shop. It was a spur of the moment thing that I hadn't budgeted for but, when the final numbers were tallied and everything was recorded in fitday, I was over about 200 calories. It wasn't terrific but it also wasn't as bad as it could have been. Also, when I look at the rest of the weekend, it all balanced / averaged out. I don't think that we'll do it again anytime soon but we sure did enjoy it on Friday night. As long as we don't enjoy it every Friday night, it'll be okay.

No comments: