Wednesday, January 11, 2006

wednesday wrap-up - week 1

Setting goals is great when you actually work on them.

My problem in the past is that I set goals and then forget about them. Not this year, not in 2006. I've planned the work and now I'm working the plan. The plan seems to be working too. I'm very pleased at the results I've had this week. It's been work, hard work. I've struggled with myself over what to eat, what not to eat. What exercise to do, how much to do. I've even caught myself trying to talk myself out of a workout. If I know nothing else about myself it is this: I can be the cleanest eater in town, if I don't exercise too, the weight's not going anywhere!

Anyway, it's been a good long time since I've done one of these but...here is my latest weekly wrap-up:

summary - week ending January 10
  • did intentional exercise (not without great effort on my part) every work-day morning since my restart
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week (even on the weekend!!)
  • exceeded daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • successfully avoided coffee all week
  • except for the one can of diet coke with lime during Sunday afternoon's "chip incident," didn't have anything carbonated all week (this is a massive accomplishment for me!!)
  • did not have any evening snacks 7 out of 7 days
  • posted here every work-day since my re-start
  • tracked every morsel of food I've eaten, at fitday
  • while I did do my nails again this weekend (and they growing into long, lovely things again!), I did not get my 30 minute bubble bath in this week. I'll shoot for a whole hour this weekend!!
  • stepped back on the scales again this morning to discover that I lost 5 whole pounds!! I'd hoped for 2 so you can imagine how thrilled I was about 5!

No comments: