Tuesday, January 03, 2006

last day

I've been quite enjoying the last day of my vacation. I would have liked to have slept in this morning but we've had our handy person in working on the furnace for the past several days so I have to be up and dressed somewhat early (well, early for being on vacation anyway!).

I got ambitious this afternoon and took down what I could of the outdoors Christmas lights. I couldn't do the ones that are strung along the eaves but everything else is in a pile, in the middle of the living room right now. It's warming up and when it's warm enough, I'll pack them all away for another year.

Having Pat (the handy person) here is a little weird. I have to stay right out of the basement because that is where he's been doing the majority of his work (although I have dashed down there when he's stepped outside and thrown a load of laundry in!). I can't go into my bedroom right now either because he's also up and down in the attic (I'm not getting in his way, he's installing beautiful pot lights in our master bath). The one good thing (besides all of the stuff he's doing) is that it keeps me out of the kitchen somewhat. I had breakfast and I've also had lunch but I'm not dashing back and forth, grabbing crackers or making microwave popcorn to snack on. I might be tempted to do these things, out of boredom, if I was home alone today.

Instead, I've been sorting through bills and papers in my office, doing a little laundry when I can and, as I mentioned, pulling in the lights. If I can just keep my hands busy with other things, I'll not have time to think about the snacking. This isn't as much as a problem when I'm at work but whenever I'm home, it's a challenge.

Tomorrow I return to work, back to my routine, get back on track 100%. I'm quite looking forward to it because I always love how I feel when I am on plan. I just have to keep reminding myself of that and continue to push those snacking thoughts out of my head!!

No comments: