Saturday, January 14, 2006

happy weekend

I'm not in the habit (anymore) of weekend posting but here I am.

I just have to say, Bev's back!! Mary too!! When I first starting blogging about weight-loss, these two women inspired me, big time. If you're feeling so inclined, pop by and say hello!

I slept in this morning and that felt terrific. I've noticed a big change in my sleeping since I restarted my program. For one thing, I'm sleeping much better. We're getting up a little earlier through the week, so that's an adjustment but, when I do sleep, it's generally deeper I think. I've also been able to avoid taking those pills the doctor gave me. The last time I took one was way before Christmas I think. Except for one evening when my head was just pounding from work, I haven't had to take any medication at all either. I noticed before (and this was one of the big "light bulb moments" that made me realize how badly I was sliding), I was having lots of aches and pains, many headaches and, as a result, was taking probably too many ibuprofens. Not in a day, just in general. When TOM is here, I take a fair number of them but that's just to cope with major cramps. Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise when I realized that the only "pills" I'd been popping were vitamins.

I have my meals planned out for today so I'm not too worried about things. We got groceries last night so we now are re-stocked on fruit and veg so, if I do want a snack, at least we have lots of healthy options. Planning, planning, planning... I know I sound like a broken record but it's what I have to do if this is going to continue to work for me. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, I know I am planning to!

No comments: