Thursday, January 05, 2006

lovely leftovers

I am eating leftover stir fry for my lunch today. It's delicious and I'm even eating it with some chopsticks I had in my desk. I always keep chopsticks in my desk because I don't really like eating stuff like this with a fork. One of the things I like best about chop sticks is that they tend to slow me down a bit. I mean, I know I could hold the container under my chin and shovel it in, but I don't!

This morning I did WATP (1 mile) again. Two days in a row, is that a roll? Not quite I know but I'll be on one soon. It was hard again, I didn't expect it to get suddenly easy but man, I'm out of shape, seriously out of it. It can happen so fast can't it? Hopefully, by this time next week, it'll be a little easier. I know it's good that my muscles are hurting, it means that I'm working but still, it's tough.

Tomorrow I might take a break from the DVD and get back on my recumbent bike. The work is now done (for now) in the basement. Tonight I'll try to get things a little more organized in the rec room. I really enjoy the bike but I think that this time 'round, I'll keep at the walking DVD too. Just to mix things up a bit.

Eating continues to go well. Never underestimate the value of planning meals and journaling everything you put into your mouth. They are both wonderful things! Eating home is a big help as well. We've made a pledge that the next time we go out for a meal, it'll be for soup. Our favourite Vietnamese restaurant was closed over the holidays so that will be our big treat.

Other than clean eating and two days (in a row!) of intentional exercise, I've got nothing to report. I'll be honest though, it feels way better to have nothing to say when you're on plan than it does when you're not.

No comments: