Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I can feel my bum

But of course she can feel her bum, I'm sure you're all thinking. I can reach around and touch it (ooh) or just plain old feel the weight of me sitting on it right now. Those things are both true. I'm talking about how much I can feel it when I'm walking, and my hips too. I'm old and out of shape and it's sort of sad.

This morning I got up, strapped on my uniboob-making sport bra and walked away the pounds. I only did the 1 mile WATP and it shouldn't have been so tough. It was though, tough that is. I'm glad I did it though, I really didn't want to. It would have been much more fun and easy to make big piles of toast and slather them up with margarine. Alas, I didn't do this, I walked away some pounds and then ate a nice breakfast, cranberry juice and cereal (with soy milk). Good way to start the day huh?

I am hopeful that a regular routine of exercise will keep me from needing to take those little blue pills. The exercise, and everything else should make me sleepy enough at night, I'm hopeful anyway. I also know that I'm on the right track today. This morning, I've had to run to the loo 3 times. I'm definitely flushing some water out of my system. It's a darned good thing too, I stepped on the scales this morning. I have either gained 3 or 7 pounds. Good record keeping huh?? I'm thinking it's probably closer to the 7. In any event, it's written down and I don't ever want to have to write that number down again. I am still 42 pounds lighter than my all-time-highest-weight-ever in January 2003 but I'm no where near where I'd like to be. Again, I'm trying not to obsess over the numbers but, I'm practical too. I know that seeing a downward progression on the scales will motivate me more than anything else can.

One last note about the whole exercise thing.... I'm very glad that I do my exercise at home, before my morning shower. I've noticed some coworkers coming back from lunchtime visits to the gym and they all look a little frazzled!

No comments: