Tuesday, January 17, 2006

slow

For the past few days, more so yesterday and this morning, I've felt like I'm fighting a cold bug. One of the women I share an office with was really sick with one last week and she kept coming into the office so.... you can see how this might potentially play out. I told her, "if I get your cold, I'm not talking to you anymore." This is an empty threat of course, unless I were to actually get the cold and lose my voice. Huh, see, could happen. I've just found that my eyes are a little runny/teary and that I'm coughing a bit.

This morning was particularly difficult. I did not want to get up, at all. I had been having a weird dream about having to re-arrange our office furniture and equipment by myself. Those kinds of dreams are just exhausting. When the alarm went off and I sat up in bed, my eyes just felt gross. When I saw them in the mirror, I looked like someone had socked me, they were that puffy. Eventually, I dragged myself downstairs and onto the bike. I felt much better after my ride but the ride itself was tough. I'm still doing the 20 minute interval program on it, I had hoped to move up to 30 minutes by now but I'm still really hurting with the 20 minute cycle. It could be the cold fight thing.

Eating continues to be okay. Breakfast and lunch are really easy, dinner is more challenging. We'd gotten into this really bad habit of dining out, a lot. The first week, we mostly stayed home. I mean, we had our Friday date night but that was it. The second week had a visit to the Chinese buffet and pizza. Last night we stopped off for Vietnamese (our favourite soup place - it had been closed for 4 weeks I think). It was good, we made decent choices but it still wasn't as controlled a setting as eating at home would be and that worries me. It's so easy to slide.

Tonight we're heading to costco (weather permitting - there is a freezing rain warning in effect for our area at the moment) to stock up on veggies and fruit. I love their produce department but I hate how, almost every time we are there, you can smell fresh baked chocolate muffins all through the place. I have my list though, and I plan to stick to it, exactly. One of the best things about being on plan is that we actually eat all of the fruit and veg we buy these days. Nothing goes bad and gets chucked out!

Other than concerns about eating out and the cold thing, stuff seems to be going okay. I asked my hunny the other day if could see any difference in me at all since our re-start and he said he could see some weight gone in my neck. Hopefully, the face will be next...and then, if we're lucky the ASS. Ass-b-gone. Should be a product, shouldn't it?? Maybe it is...the only way I know to make "ass-b-gone" is to eat less and then move one's ass more. Sadly, it's practical but not sexy and definitely not something you could sell in an infomercial.

No comments: