Friday, January 06, 2006

an anniversary

Three years ago today I started on my journey to weight loss. I am pretty sure that I figured I'd be long done and maintaining by January 6, 2006. Who knew huh?? I'm not going to get myself all upset about it, I'm just pointing it out because it was interesting to me.

I'm tired today, really tired. Last night, I didn't feel sleepy when bedtime came around and it took me a while to fall asleep. About three hours later, I woke up. It didn't take me too long to fall back to sleep but still, it was disruptive. I woke up before the alarm went off and desperately wanted to turn the clock off and go back to sleep for, oh, let's say...the whole morning. I didn't do that though. I woke my hunny up, I got into my workout clothes and crawled down to my bike. I say crawl but it was actually just a very slow walk. I was hurting. My hips hurt, my back was a little stiff. I got onto my bike with ease but riding it was quite difficult. I don't know whether the two days of WATP or just the lack of sleep was making this so tough. I ended up riding for only 2.2 miles. I had hoped to ride at least 4 but I just couldn't stay on the bike any longer. I'm not too disappointed with myself though. I still did intentional exercise 3 days in a row, each workday (that I worked) this week. I'm also still journaling my food and generally trying to keep on track. I overate a bit at dinner last night but it's not the end of the world and it certainly won't undo the good things that I've been doing for the rest of the week.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get through the weekend without giving in to temptation. It's always a struggle, Saturday and Sunday but, if I keep busy (or sleep a lot!), I should be okay. Wish me luck and have a great weekend kiddos!!

No comments: