Friday, January 20, 2006

hey, hey, it's Friday!

Whoop!! Yay, the weekend is almost here.

I am really looking forward to the weekend. I am not feeling that overwhelming sense of dread that usually settles in on Friday. I start to fret and worry over my eating. Today, I'm feeling up to the challenge. Finally, after 2.5 weeks of being back on track, I can feel my energy level changing. I don't about you but for me, the change doesn't happen overnight. It usually sneaks up on me, that happened this morning. I've felt great all day, well rested and energetic.

My hunny has to work tomorrow and honestly, I should take some work home too. I don't think I will though. I did that last weekend and I have a few things that I'd like to putter at around the house this weekend.

Last night after work, we did the last bit of our weekly grocery shopping. Since our return to "healthy eating," it takes trips to three different stores to get our weekly shopping. The other evening, we were at Costco to stock up on produce. Thursday night was staples night. We headed off to our favourite Asian market to stock up on things like noodles, rice, ginger, vinegar. After that, we went to the discount grocery store. We hadn't planned on doing all of this shopping last night but I'm so glad we did it and got it over with. At the grocery store, we stocked up on soup, yogurt, cereal, juice, more produce (stuff that costco doesn't carry) and some odds and ends. When we got home and finished putting everything away, I was really impressed with what I saw. Our fridge is bursting with gorgeous, delicious produce and our pantry is full of healthy snacks and all kinds of neat ingredients for some cool and interesting meals. We're definitely spending more money on groceries than we were before but, we're not throwing out any spoiled food and we're saving a tonne of cash by eating at home so it all balances out.

It feels sort of strange to be all invigorated and positive after so many months of just being indifferent and half-numb. My big focus is to just keep going, keep this momentum that I've gained. I so don't want to cop out on this. So far, the positive chats I keep giving myself seem to be working. With luck, I'll not allow myself to slip up, PMS or no PMS!!

No comments: