Thursday, January 19, 2006

challenging

I just signed up to participate in Renee's Fat Fighter's Yearlong Fitness Challenge (FFYFC). I'm going to start slowly and see how it goes. It should help me to get outside and walk and I'm going to grab my hunny when I do. It should be easier to do with someone else.

I'm now into the third week of my re-start and am continuing to do well. I haven't been tempted to snack in the evenings (although we have started eating oranges for dessert) and I'm sticking with my morning bike rides. Yesterday, I saw my family doctor. I hadn't seen in her a while and we chatted about how my weight-loss was going (or rather how it had been stalled for the last 1/2 of 2005) and she was really pleased at my progress so far this time out. She suggested that I check in with her every month, like I had been doing before. I was glad to hear this. She's really easy to talk to and it's nice to get weighed in with someone else who is actually recording my weight in an official capacity. It's also cheaper to go see her for the occasional weigh-in than it is to sign up for something like weight watchers!

Tonight, we're tentatively booked to have dinner with the LOG. Half of me hopes that he begs off so we can have dinner at home. We're definitely stopping at the Asian market on the way home to stock up on some staples, one way or the other. I just really prefer to eat at home these days. One of the things about being back on plan is that our grocery shopping is way more interesting and fun and our fridge is once again filled with cool, healthy stuff. Good thing too, I'm expecting that this weekend is going to be more challenging than usual, PMS is right around the corner. I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep my salt / chocolate cravings under control when I'm not working. If nothing else, it should prove to be very interesting!!

No comments: