Monday, January 16, 2006

happy monday, again!

Well the weekend is over again. It was brrrr cold here too. The spring-like temperatures that we enjoyed last week. I was so glad that we had grabbed groceries on Friday night. The rain that had been falling suddenly froze and the neighbourhood turned into a skating rink on Saturday afternoon. Fortunately, it snowed not long after so that created some traction. Weird weird weather we're having.

On Saturday afternoon, we decided that we'd order ourselves a pizza for dinner. This worked out just fine as I'd had large-ish, late breakfast (scrambled egg with salsa, mixed green with fat free ranch dressing and a slice of dry toast) and no lunch. It was such a neat thing to enjoy pizza for dinner and not feel guilty about it. When I totaled up my calories, I was still on track. We had the leftovers (yeah, how weird is that!!?) for dinner last night with big salads.

For the second (miraculous?) weekend in a row, I have not been tempted into snacking between meals. We even had three large bags of cookies in the house over the weekend (we had picked them up at LOG's request but never got over to his place to drop them off)and I wasn't tempted (and we're talking about oreos and chip's ahoy here folks!).

Between planning my meals and keeping busy (I did a bunch of house cleaning, laundry and work - from the office - over the weekend), I was able to control myself. It's a good feeling. I like being in control again. I'm almost at the two week mark since my restart and this has been the longest I've been able to stay on course in a good long while. It's always so easy to get tripped up and derailed in the early days. If I can get through the next two weeks, I'll have survived the worst of it and should be well on my way again. yay!

No comments: