Saturday, October 11, 2003

As most of you know, I'm Canadian. For those non-Canadians out there, it's Thanksgiving weekend here. Tomorrow we will trundle off to my mum's for a turkey dinner. I'm not to worried about over doing it tomorrow because the meal is basically well balanced. I'll just avoid desserts and the super fatty stuff. My mum's not a big gravy / sauce person so her food tends not to be too bad, calorically speaking (can one actually speak calorically? Let's say, "yes," just for fun).

I'm still really exhausted and upset about what happened on Thursday. I haven't slept much this week, I keep waking up every couple of hours. I had yesterday off and did a bunch of errands and went for coffee with another coworker to talk about what had happened. The day basically flew away from me. We ended up sipping diet cokes by the waterfront, the weather was gorgeous and it was nice to get out of the house.

Today I've been doing major housework, all day. I'm into the laundry portion of the fun right now. We're sort of taking this weekend as a break from our program. We're not going totally nuts but we're not really paying attention to the counting of calories thing. I find that whenever we do this, I don't go too crazy because I just physically can't anymore.

Hopefully tonight I'll get a good night's sleep and be able to enjoy the rest of the long weekend. At least the bulk of my housework is done, that's a huge accomplishment. I totally neglected the place for the past couple of weeks. In another day or so, I'm sure things will be back to normal. At least my cold's gone. That's something that I can be thankful for this weekend.

No comments: